Friday, August 6, 2010

Childhood

This is very nostalgic for me because I am now an orphan. My perspective may be different from those whose parents are still alive.
I am who I am first of all from Yahweh who blessed me with the parents He gave me. My father, a man of great integrity and a mom with softness. I believe I am a very honest person because of my father. Sometimes to a fault but honesty can never be wrong. The softness comes when there is a need to be quiet about something, not to share what you are thinking. There are those times when honesty will not be kind.
I am who I am as a mother because my parents nurtured me as a child, loved me and were there for me. Because of this, I believe I was a good mother to my two girls and this is evident because of how they turned out as two beautiful women. And, now one has gone on to be a very special mother to her daughter. I am so proud of how they interact with their husbands and show their love to them.
On a lighter note, my life style is a part of who I am. I lived in a small town, a safe town which afforded me an idyllic life. Traveling was very much a part of my life, all over the world. Therefore, my childhood was unusual but amazing!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this with us, Grandma. I'd love to get to know you better! :)

    ReplyDelete